*This post contains sponsored content and affiliate links. To view my full disclosure page, please click here.
Are you a beauty product junkie? I’ll admit it if you will. My name is Lyndsi and I am a glam-a-holic. I LOVE trying out new products. Honestly, the amount of beauty products I have tried is borderline embarrassing, and whenever I see my Ipsy glam bag in the mailbox each month, it is like Christmas morning for this overgrown, fashion-crazed, makeup wearing child. 🙂 (And if you don’t know what an Ipsy bag is….LEARN ABOUT IT. Now.)
Even though I enjoy dabbling in new products every now and then, I do have five staple beauty supplies I cannot and will not live without. So I want to share the love with you today and tell you about these five products that I believe every woman should own.
My favorite brand: The POREfessional by Benefit Cosmetics
What it does: It minimizes the appearance of pores and fine lines on your face.
Why I love it:
- My pores are HUGE. And not just in those awful magnifying mirrors…in real life. I love this product because it is literally like spackle for your face. I am completely aware of how gross that sounds, but seriously. It works.
- It comes in two sizes. The regular sized tube stays in my makeup drawer. The cute little mini tube goes with me in my bag for any needed touch-ups throughout the day!
- I like that you can use it under your foundation or blend it by applying it over your foundation. It’s just nice to have that option.
- I love that it doubles as a foundation primer. Normally, I apply it under my foundation and that is all the primer I need! It really helps my foundation look more natural against my skin and also helps my makeup to stay put.
My tips for use: When applying this under your foundation, instead of swiping over your skin (as you would do with most products), press into your skin. This will help to really cover those pores. Just be sure to use a good exfoliator and cleanser at night.
Where to get it: This miracle in a tube is sold at many retailers, including Sephora and Ulta, or you can order a tube by visiting Benefit’s website. The cost is around $30 for a .75 oz tube.
UNDER EYE CONCEALER
My favorite brand: Bye Bye Under Eye by IT Cosmetics
What it does: Conceals the look of skin imperfections under the eye, such as dark circles, puffiness, redness, age spots, and discoloration.
Why I love it:
- This little product works wonders of checking all that baggage under my eyes.
- I love that it doubles as a concealer AND a highlighter. It really lightens up the area under my eyes, so I don’t have to put much highlighter in that area when I contour.
- This stuff is FULL coverage. Honestly, dirty politicians can’t even cover things up as well as this product. It’s amazing.
My tips for use: Apply this product with your index finger to get as close to your eye as possible. Then use a beauty blender to smooth it out.
Where to get it: Just like Benefit’s Porefessional primer, this little gem is sold at multiple retailers, including Sephora and Ulta, or you can order a tube by visiting the IT Cosmetics website. The cost is around $24 for a .28 oz tube.
My favorite brand: TRESemmé Fresh Start Dry Shampoo
What it does: Absorbs oil in your hair between washes leaving it clean and manageable.
Why I love it:
- I have naturally oily hair. For that reason, this product is a LIFESAVER. It absorbs the excess oil in my hair without making the texture too dried out or feeling gross.
- I can literally go up to four or five days without washing my hair with this product. A few months ago, I even challenged myself to see how long I could go without washing my hair (don’t worry, I took showers in between…I just didn’t wash my hair). I got up to six days before I couldn’t take it anymore (did I really just admit that?). Usually though, three to four days is ideal for me.
- It is such a timesaver! It takes me over an hour to wash, dry, and style my hair. If it wasn’t for this product, I would have to do that every day. That is a lot of hours over the course of just a few weeks and you guys…I’ve got better things to do.
- My “go to” style is a subtle beach wave with a styling wand. The dry shampoo really helps to hold the curl in my hair. I can sleep on it and only have to do a few touch-ups in the morning.
My tips for use: Spray it in your hair at the root before you go to bed. Most of us move in the middle of the night, and this will help to work the product in throughout your hair.
Where to get it: This brand of dry shampoo is sold in stores like Walmart and Target. You can also order it on Amazon, and even purchase it as a subscription service for about $5 per can.
My favorite brand: Lipsense
What it does: Unlike conventional lipstick, Lipsense is waterproof and lasts all day. It will not smudge or come off.
Why I love it:
- I love this product so much that I dedicated an entire blog post to its awesomeness.
- Obviously, I love Lipsense because it literally does not come off. I have never experienced a product that lasts as long as this one does.
- Lipsense comes in a variety of beautiful colors and I love that you can make your own colors by layering.
- This product has actually been a space saver in my bag. I used to carry an entire Ipsy bag full of lipstick. Since I have been using Lipsense, all I need is a couple of tubes of color, the gloss, and the oops remover.
My tips for use: I find it useful to outline your lips with the tip of the applicator before putting the product on your lips. Since it is difficult to take off, you will want to be sure you are keeping it in the areas where you want it to go.
Where to get it: Read this blog post about how to get started with this amazing product.
My favorite brand: There are a few different ways to go about getting long, beautiful lashes, but my favorite brand of false lashes is definitely made by Icona.
What it does: This particular brand of false lashes does not look like a pair of spiders on your eyelids. They are long, wispy strands that seamlessly blend with your own lashes.
Why I love it:
- I saved the best for last. My obsession with lashes is kind of a running joke around my house and with my friends. I even pulled on someone’s lashes once to see if they were real (don’t worry, I had permission). I believe that your lashes can completely transform your look. Most of the time, you can find me with eyelash extensions. It makes me look like I have makeup on even when I’m not wearing any at all. However, when I need to give my natural lashes a break from the extensions, I use these falsies. And they’re amazing.
- I love how lightweight they are. The lashes don’t feel heavy on your lids at all.
- They are so natural looking. It is not blatantly obvious that you are wearing false lashes.
- You can reuse them up to seven times, which is a huge plus.
My tips for use: I have found that the easiest way to apply these false lashes is with a lint free applicator. I put the glue on the applicator and then brush it onto the base of the lash. Then, I wait about 30 seconds before applying to my eyelid.
Where to get it: I always order my Icona lashes on Amazon. They sell for around $15 per pair but remember they are reusable.
Like I said, there are a couple of other ways to get the look of long, thick lashes. One way is to go to the salon and get eyelash extensions. However, I realize that this isn’t an option for everyone because of the time and cost associated with it. You can also try applying your own lash extensions at home. If this is a tutorial you would like to see in the future, comment below or send me an email to email@example.com.
There are also products to enhance your own natural lashes. I have tried two products, Latisse and Rodan and Fields Lash Boost and I must say, one of them blew the other out of the water. The winner? Rodan and Fields Lash Boost. I saw results almost immediately and I actually keep a tube by my sink during those times when I give my natural lashes a break from the extensions. Even my lash stylist has commented on how quickly my natural lashes grow when I use the product! If you are interested in this product, send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and I can hook you up with an awesome Rodan and Fields representative!
There you have it, folks.
I could literally discuss the subject of beauty essentials all day long, but I am guessing you probably have some other things on your to-do list today. But I do want to know…what are your beauty “staples?” Are there products you can’t live without? Let’s hear it in the comments section!
Do you have any questions you want to be answered in the style section of this blog? A product you want to see reviewed? Tell me about it! Leave a comment below or send an email with your request to email@example.com.
Don’t forget to follow me on social media!
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest
Join the squad!
Subscribe to get the latest printables, style tips, and home decor ideas by email!