Fun? Check. √
Classy? Check. √
Interesting? Check. √
I am actually talking about YOU. I assume that you have landed on this page because you want to know more about me, which means that you are interested in what I write about. And the fact that you and I have shared interests tells me that you are those three things, wrapped in style and dipped in awesome sauce. But enough about you!
Here are a few things you need to know about me…
- My name is Lyndsi and I am a mom to a beautiful little girl and black lab, and wife to a fabulous man and his beard (yes, “the beard” is to be referred to as a separate entity).
- I was a school counselor for ten years. I have recently transitioned into “creative entrepreneurship” (a.k.a. GIRL BOSS) and am loving every minute of it.
- I am a perfectionist, but I am also a realist. While I sometimes get hung up on the fine details, I know that “perfect” is a fluid, ambiguous, and sometimes dangerous word. We are exposed to flawless social media images every single day, which makes it difficult to not compare ourselves to others. But guess what? The person who just posted the beautiful Instagram image of her perfectly styled, Pinterest-ready tablescape probably has a stack of unopened mail cluttering her countertop or about 17 loads of laundry that needs to be done. Hey…we are all human.
- I am pretty fearless in giving my honest opinion. I have always been this way and I am sure this fact will come through in my writing. Therefore, what you see is what you get without any coating of sugar.
- I love sharing creative ideas, inspirational stories and quotes, and practical approaches.
- My favorite color is pink. Just saying.
My goal for this blog is to create content for you that has attainable, specific direction in the delivery. How many times have you read a blog post and thought, “Nope….that’s not happening.” Or, “I’m not traveling to Jamaica just to get the ingredient that goes in that salad.” Well….you don’t have to travel across the ends of the earth just to make a side dish. You also don’t have to mortgage your house to afford next season’s wardrobe. And that ugly table over in the corner of the room? (Ahem…yes. I noticed.) You can do something with it to make it beautiful! I’m sure you have also come across blog posts that have absolutely no relevance to you – or seemingly anyone else for that matter. So instead of reading about how to make an organically edible paper maché rainbow colored donkey piñata (what?), spend a little time reading about topics that will actually benefit you. Stop. The. Insanity.
I actually want to make life easier for you. I started this blog to offer my advice for fun and classy women such as yourselves to gather some tips and information on home décor, style, DIY, (or just basically life in general) that you can actually use. My hope is that you will feel empowered to do just that. So grab your favorite beverage, hang out for a while, and start clicking (and “sharing”)!
Join the squad!
Subscribe to get the latest printables, style tips, and home decor ideas by email!